Saturday, May 18, 2013

Never Trust Politicians

Smile, grumpy!



This story by B.A. Botkin should be told to everybody in the world. I have always believed that in the ideal world, there are no politicians, only public servants.


The slave complained that his vote never always helped the big men into political office and it never got him anywhere. He told this story to explain his situation: "I dreamed that I went to heaven. When I got to the pearly gates, Peter says, 'Who goes there?'

"And I says, 'Abraham Jasper'

"Are you on horse or on foot?' says he.

"'I'm on foot', says I.

"Well, you can't get in here' says he. 'No one is allowed in here unless they come on horseback.'

"Since there was nothing to do about it, I started back down to earth. And about halfway down the hill I met my two politician friends. I explained to them that unless they were mounted on horses, they could not get in to heaven.

''They thought for a while and one came up with a suggestion. He says to me, 'Abe, if you got down on all fours like a horse, then the two of us could sit on your back, and all three of us would be able to get to into heaven.'

"So that's what I did, and as I pranced up to the heavenly gate, old Peter yells out, 'Who's there?'

"Two politicians" we shouted back.

"'Are you mounted or are you on foot?', asks Peter.

"'We're both mounted', says one of the politicians.

"'All right', said Peter. 'just hitch you horses outside, gentlemen, and come right in.

''So, I got them both in; and I got left out for my pains", That's Politics!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment